"Felcher???!! From Cranston????!!! YEAH!!" - Lloyd Christmas

Saturday, April 7, 2012

2012 RM Stoudt Off Road Festival!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, what a crazy start to 2012!! I have been working my tail off at my real job and haven't had much time to work on my PASSION, which is this event. Well, I've scrounged up enough time to raise some money, get my web guys working on updating the website, paid my XTERRA fee, submitted my USAT sanctioning application and registration will be opening by Friday the 13th. Whew!!
After the success of last year's event, I think we have settled on a weekend format that works for almost everyone. I say "almost" because not everyone is cut out for XTERRA/off-road racing. Some people prefer ordinary and predictable versus the adventurous and challenging. I'm not one of those people and neither are 99% of those who have had a blast at this event the last three years.
2012 brings only positive changes to the weekend. XTERRA has XPANDED their America Tour to include not only the Points Series races, but also any short course triathlons and mountain bike races scheduled as part of the same event weekend. So, the Sho-Co is now XTERRA Pipestem Creek Sho-Co and The Epic is now XTERRA Pipestem Creek Epic MTB. The only course change includes a switch back to the original run course for the XTERRA points race with a tweak to the gravel section to make it more interesting. Oh yeah, you might be interested to know that the pay outs have increased for every race. The details are listed on the website, so go to each race page to see the numbers. The amount of cash and prizes given away at this event is OBSCENE!!
That's all I have for you right now. SEE YOU IN JUNE!!!!!!

Steven

1 comment:

Followers