"Felcher???!! From Cranston????!!! YEAH!!" - Lloyd Christmas

Friday, June 17, 2011

Race Week

There will be some other events taking place during race week other than the 4 races. Here is some info on what's happening:

Wednesday and Thursday I will be completing the race course marking. That means if you stop by for some race course recon from Wednesday on, you are most likely going to run into me. I'll be driving either a Bobcat side by side ATV or my old blue Chevy truck (affectionately known as Chuck). If I see you, I'll chase you down to say "Hi!", if I don't, please feel free to come over and visit with me. I will not be too busy to greet racers and answer any questions you might have. I'm printing a bunch of course maps and will have them with me to hand out if you need one.
Thursday night at 7pm is volunteer orientation. Here I will be assigning duties and explaining expectations to my team of volunteers. This is always an exciting/anxious time for a race director because you just never know who or how many will actually show up. I have never had a problem with the great group that has helped the last two years, but people get busy and things come up.
There are a couple activities on Friday. First, the official pre-ride of the Lifetime Eyecare Bike Course is at 2:30pm. I plan to lead the ride and it will be at a leisurely pace. Both Sho-Co racers as well as XTERRA racers will benefit from the pre-ride. The bike is the signature of this race course and I strongly recommend pre-riding. Sho-Co pre-ride will take about 30-45 minutes and XTERRA about double that on the long side.
Following the pre-ride you will have time to shower up and then get over to RM Stoudt Ford for packet pick-up and late registration at 5:30 to 8pm. We will be cooking up burgers and having a pre-event picnic. All those registered for any of the four weekend events eat free. We'll have a big tent, so even if it rains we'll be dry. RM Stoudt is located right across the road from the official race hotel, Quality Inn.
Keep checking back for more updates.

See you in a week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers