"Felcher???!! From Cranston????!!! YEAH!!" - Lloyd Christmas

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Buffalo City Running Club Part 2

The first two weeks of running club have gone pretty well, considering I haven't really been promoting it other than just talking about it. No flyers, no web promotion, just word of mouth. I'm excited about the fact that new people have shown up to every group run except one. In total there have been 10 different people that have participated in a group run.
I've received a few emails about more people catching wind of the club and expressing an interest to join. That is awesome. The more the merrier.
My main goal with this club is to get Jamestown's running community connected and get new people involved in the sport. The weather in March isn't exactly conducive to getting new or fair weather runners outside or off the treadmill. But this week will be different. Mid 60s are forecasted for the week and if you can't get inspired to get outside after a long winter by temperatures in the 60s in North Dakota, there's something wrong with you.
Oh, and let me know what you think of the slogan (?) I have been putting on all the communications (emails, etc): Come Run With Us!! Kind of cheesy, but it just seems to work.

1 comment:

  1. Grass roots efforts are the best. Maybe I can join in a club run when I come for the XTERRA. Temps do look promising for this coming week, don't they?!?!

    ReplyDelete

Followers