"Felcher???!! From Cranston????!!! YEAH!!" - Lloyd Christmas

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Christmas Catalogs in March?

Remember as a kid when the Christmas catalog would show up in September or October and you'd spend the next two to three months absolutely drooling over the toy section? It wasn't that you believed you'd get what you wanted, but it sure was nice to look at all the new stuff that was available. Well, I received issues of two magazines I subscribe to, Bicycling and Triathlete, that both featured 2010 bike buyer's guides. Without even meaning to, I have easily spent an hour browsing each maagazine. I came to the same bike in both rags and just stared. This beauty is more than a bike, it's a work of art. The Storck Aero 2 is absolutely the most beautiful assemlage of carbon fiber and metal I have ever seen. Compatible only with Shimano's Di2 electronic shifters ($5k just for that), there are no unsightly cables and the bike is clean as clean can be. Check this beast out:


The pricetag on just the frame and fork is $9500, putting the total cost for this bike with Di2 shifters, a decent wheelset, aerobars and a crank at about $17k. That's more than any two of the cars I own added together. I guess I'll just stare at it until either I win the lottery or the 2011 buyer's guide comes out.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, sort of like watching Top Gear and seeing people drive cars worth $200K....cars you know you will never see, let alone touch or drive. Same with these bikes.

    ReplyDelete

Followers